In this day and age, it is imperative for every start-up to come up with a mobile application at some stage of its life-cycle. The mobile app revolution is taking the market by the storm and an increasing number of companies such as Ola, Flipkart, Uber, Myntra, Candy Crush and so on are adopting a mobile app only approach which only serves to substantiate this fact. The question now arises how a mobile application can contribute on taking a start-up business to the next level & what inspires all start-ups to make such great efforts in this direction.
- Once a user downloads your app, their commitment level to your brand becomes high and the bounce rates go down. They can endlessly browse your app and end up buying your offerings as well.
- Since you have an ecommerce platform to capture all the important consumer insight for you, with an application it becomes easier for you to know the likes and dislikes of your consumers to be able to push your offerings on their mobile phones using push notifications.
- Once you succeed at bringing your consumer on your mobile app, they find it tedious to exit the application and switch on to other apps or open their browsers to compare the price and availability of the similar products as yours. So, you leave them with limited choice.
- Also, the app utilizes a lot of the data to make accurate predictions about their buying patterns and pushes a product or service to them at the right time.
Having discussed how a mobile app can act as a stepping-stone for establishing consumer loyalty for your start-up, here are a few of the critical challenges, as a start-up you’re likely to face, in your journey of mobile app development:
1) App Discovery in a highly competitive market
With hundreds of new mobile apps being launched on everyday basis, it can be a huge challenge for a new mobile app to stand out and get discovered in an over-crowded app market. To take care of this, just coming up with an innovative idea may not be enough & strategizing it well for to ensure effective app penetration is equally important.
2) Getting the App Well-funded
Once you have your app idea and its app market penetration strategy well in place, the next big challenge for your start up is to take care of its funds.Considering the fact that the costs of building mobile applications run sky-high which is not even a one-time investment but can keep adding on in the name of value adds, the start-ups need to get a solid funding strategy in place.
3) Device-wide Compatibility
Once the app idea along with its commercial viability and funding are assured, the focus shifts to its functional and operational aspects such as its compatibility with multiple devices. This is important because a new app gets released to work on multiple platforms and in order to tap a larger audience it should be optimized to work across all possible devices and platforms. Getting a responsive design that takes care of all screen sizes and formats, is definitely the solution.
4) Selection of Development Approach
It becomes all the more important, when the developers are surrounded by a variety of different development approaches such as platform specific native app (works specifically for one platform), Hybrid mobile app development (a combination of web app and native app), Cross platform native app (this works with two or more platforms such as iOS, Android etc). Decision of the development approach is important before deciding the framework of choice and creating the mock-up – that lead to designing the UI/UX of the mobile app. For making all these choices, the start-up needs to pay attention to the user interactions for their app.
5) App Performance & Battery Consumption
Even if everything goes well with the mobile app, if the start-up fails to consider this key success factor of a mobile application, the whole effort can go in vain. So, ignoring the battery consumption of a mobile application and its performance can be a fatal mistake for the start-up business – for only the bug-free mobile apps performing at good speed with minimum battery consumption can taste app store success in the long run. This majorly depends on the choice of good development tools and taking care of the device specifications.
6) Mobile App Marketing
Without the realistic knowledge of ways to market and promote the mobile app, a start-up can get it all right and yet, fails at extending its mobile app to its target audience. So, with the right knowledge of the promotion methods & perfect PR and media planning the start-up business can undertake social and viral marketing to increase the reach of the mobile app.
We are one of the leading full stack mobile app development company that provides user-centric UI/UX centered products design & development services to enterprises across the world.