As the anchor of the web presence of your business, your business website plays a key role in creating and maintaining a compelling digital experience for its end users. The most important part of designing a great user experience for your website is to understand what the different problems are that your visitors come with, to your website with the hope of getting them solved. Selling your offerings to your customers even as you sleep, your website is your 24/7 salesperson or online store. This is the reason why it deserves to be the centerpiece of all your present-day marketing efforts.
Here are some quick and easy ways to jazz up your website and instantly enhance the experience for its users:
- Optimize the use of White Space – The role the white space plays in the creation of good design can not be ignored. It does not only make the content more easily legible but it also imparts an overall modern and fresh appeal to your website. You may not believe it but an improved use of white space can increase the users’ attention by as much as 20%. However, one should know that you can not have enough white space as well as a lot of important information above the fold because one comes at the cost of the other. Ultimately it boils down to arriving at a perfect balance between the two.
- Increase the Page Speed – One of the most deal-breaking things that can totally turn the users off is the slow-loading web pages that compel them to leave, directly leading to a high bounce rate for the page. The optimization of the page-load speed is, hence, a really important step to take for ensuring high user engagement. Recent studies have revealed that your web page bounce rate can increase by as much as 20% with every extra five seconds of page load time. Compressing all images before loading them to your website is an important part of the exercise to improve page load speed.
- Pay attention to your calls to action – Use of clear action words in creating your Calls to actions (CTAs) goes a long way in allowing your website users to easily and conveniently navigate your site and get precisely what they came looking for, in the space where they expect to find it. With the calls to action, it is best to leave them with no surprises. Attention also needs to be paid to the use of different colors which emanate different messages. Choose your colors wisely in line with the action message you wish to convey.
- Adopt smart use of images – As your audience online is getting smarter by the day at judging the websites by its imagery and other elements whether they want to browse further, so should you! Studies have concluded that the sheer, blind use of stock photographs may come across as quite impersonal and untrustworthy on a company’s behalf. The use of real-life pictures of teams, company, business scenarios can help create a strong connection for the user to trust the company and engage with it in longer-term. Real-life images impart a human touch to the website and are, hence, preferred to be used as much as possible.
- Keep your website pages consistent – When it comes to the web presence of an organization, consistency really matters and it reflects professionalism and creates trust in the brand, to a large extent. This is the reason why your website should have a certain theme to follow, in order to create its strong identity. Radical and inconsistent design changes from one page of your website to another can easily make your user feel lost and confused, losing trust and creating a bad impression of your brand in their minds.
We hope these tips are useful for you to revamp your website and make it more user-friendly without investing much of your time and money in the endeavor. Should you be looking for detailed guidance, feel free to write to us.