A very uncommon error is experienced by some of the wordpress users in which the users are not able to see what they are typing and the editor buttons are also not visible. Also users are not able to switch from visual part to HTML part.
The screen looks something like this :
In this blog, we will discuss the possible ways through which White Text and Missing Buttons in WordPress Visual Editor can be fixed. There are many solutions to this problem. One solution may work for your website while other may not. It’s basically a hit and trial method.
- Start by clearing the browser cache. Clearing the cache may help you to get rid of this issue.
- Update to the latest version of wordpress. If it is updated, still re-update it. Go to dashboard and update it from here.
- Update the theme to the latest version. In some cases this has also solved the problem.
- If the above step has not solved the problem, try changing the theme.
- If this has not solved the problem yet, then add
script define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);
in the wp-config file. This step has solved the issue for a huge number of webmasters.
- TinyMCE Advanced : This plugin enables the advanced features of TinyMCE, the WordPress WYSIWYG editor.
- Some JS files from TinyMCE may become corrupted. As TinyMCE is responsible for the editor buttons, this problem may arise. This can be overcome by replacing it with a fresh copy.
It’s path is wp-includes/js/tinymce.
- Sometime plugins start interfering the JS files and this issue occurs. Deactivate all the plugins and check if this issue gets resolved. We tried this step but nothing happened. Then we proceeded by deleting the plugins. It is a time consuming and critical task as plugins control our website, but deleting the plugins and checking solved all our problems.
These are the possible set of solutions to Fix White Text and Missing Buttons in WordPress Visual Editor. For each website there can be a different solution.
These were some of the solutions which we tried and got our issue fixed. If you have some other easy way to Fix White Text and Missing Buttons in WordPress Visual Editor, let us know in the comment section.